Hillingdon House

Hillingdon House is a Grade II listed building from the 1700s, originally built as a hunting lodge. In 1915, it was sold to the MOD for use during the First World War. By the 1980s, the military function ceased operation, and the building was left empty, eventually falling into a derelict state.

Quinn London was contracted to complete the remodelling of the existing layout and refurbishment of Hillingdon House to its former glory. The scope of work included providing a commercial kitchen within the new planned basement area, reception/event space on the ground floor, with levels 1 & 2 fully restored and fitted out as CAT A offices.

Early evaluation of the site and understanding the existing conditions of the building were crucial to guide the client through the restoration process. The roof required full renewal, including full façade lime mortar repairs and lime plaster refurbishment. The decorative ceilings had collapsed, but through professional salvage and photographic evidence, we were able to replicate the works with over 1,000 hours of recasting off-site.

The first step in retaining the original features of the building was the full protection of existing listed building materials, with several temporary works installed for both structural and historical purposes. We overhauled and restored all the rooms and sympathetically redecorated them, restoring the existing bespoke furniture within the building. Additionally extensive basement alterations and structural works, including full external landscaping packages, were completed as part of the project.




Hillingdon House