This project is a residential development, comprising of the demolition of an existing community hall and estate office with the design..
SIX ACRES ESTATE
Client: London Borough Of Islington
Date: April 2014
The works on the estate comprised of:
• New energy efficient estate lighting
• Security improvements, including fencing and gates to make new communal courtyards with access control
• Improved paving and estate roads
• New binstores and cycle stores
• New play areas with bespoke play equipment and soft surfaces
• A central plaza, with CCTV coverage, and improved lighting
• Better planting and lawns
• Alterations and demolitions of sheds to prepare for new layouts
• Groundworks and below ground services
• Hardworks, such as brick walls, kerbs, and railings
• Paving works, including road surfaces
• Soil preparation and topsoiling
• Turfing and planting
• Installing lighting, street furniture and play play equipment
• Clean and clear phased section area.
The challenging feature about this particular scheme was the fact that the estate was fully occupied throughout the duration of the project and therefore careful consideration had to be given for the safety and well being of the residents with regard to the logistics and programming of the works.