Catalyst Kitchen & Bathroom Framework
CLIENT: Catalyst Housing Association
VALUE: £3.2m per annum
DATE: 2010 - Ongoing
This 10 year framework involves the planned refurbishments works to residential properties owned by Catalyst Housing Association.
The scope of work includes:
- External redecorations, including roof repairs
- Internal communal area redecorations
- New kitchen installation
- New bathroom installation
- Mechanical and electrical rewiring and upgrades
When working on Catalyst Housing’s stock it is imperative to ensure minimum disruption to the residential properties in occupation. We ensure that before starting works, residents are fully informed via letters and community newsletters communicating the proposed programme dates for the refurbishment works. We allocated a Resident Liaison Office (RLO) to establish a community group to understand how we minimise disruption to residents throughout the project.
Because of the sensitive nature of the projects with residents insitu we organised a workshop with the client services team and managers of the homes to discuss all the health and safety issues before commencing work.
Kitchen & Bathroom Designs
Our Design Team conduct survey and validation visits with the residents to fully understand needs in terms of works delivery and expectations. Our Design Team and their respective roles are as follows:
- RLO – to capture customer choices and profile information
- Building Surveyor – examine feasibility, identify suitability of gas, electrical, water and waste services
- Kitchen designer – Producing 3D designs for customer and client sign off
- Bathroom designer - Producing 3D designs for customer and client sign off
- Specialist support – our building surveyor can call on a specialist electrician or plumber for advice.
Careful planning was essential to ensure minimum disruption to resident’s properties and we kept everyone fully informed via visits by Resident Liaison Officers prior to the refurbishment works starting, our RLO’s discuss in detail the nature of the refurbishment required to their property with the occupiers.
Works are completed on a 5-day turn-round with residents still in occupation. We maintained an experienced and capable delivery team including directly employed staff and subcontract partners. Who were well accustomed to the logical sequence of work necessary to complete the refurbishment works within the restricted time frame.