Chesterton Road Refurbishment
CLIENT: Catalyst Housing Association
DATE: August 2020
The two mid terrace town houses situated in Ladbroke Grove in the Royal Borough of Kensington comprised of individual rooms as the premises was previously used as a hostel.
The works carried out at the properties involved the conversion of the existing hostel into 8 flats. The initial strip out of the building included the removal of existing kitchens, bathrooms, WC’s, showers and wet rooms. All original electrics were removed and we altered or renewed the copper pipework and plumbing.
Once the detailed strip out of the building has been completed we progressed with structural alterations for the new layout of the building. We completed acoustic treatment of the floors and walls in order to satisfy the requirements for Approved Document E of the building regulations.
- Separating Floors Between Flats
- Separating Walls Between Flats
- Internal Walls Within Residential Flats
- We also installed dry lining to the flats withexternal walls, to provide both sound andthermal insulation
- The full refurbishment of the properties and communal areas involved:
- Strip out of two existing staircases and installation of new staircases
- New carpets throughout
- New central heating and boilers to each individual flat
- New electrics to each individual flat
- Renewal of all windows
- Installation of fire doors
- Installation of new kitchens, bathrooms, WC’s,and showers
- Complete decoration to individual flats andcommunal spaces
- Strip out and replacement 3 London roofs
We worked closely with the client team to ensure the careful delivery of this project. The project was closed due to Covid-19 on 26th March and reopened on 1st May 2020. We worked quickly to put in place safe Covid-19 working procedures in close liaison with our SHEQ team to ensure that we could progress through to completion.