Continuing our Partnership with Westminster Community Homes
17 November, 2020
Our Central London division has been working with Westminster Community Homes Ltd on several exciting developments over the past five years.
This has included:
- Mozart Estate, Bruckner Street - a social housing development formed of 8 flats.
- Leo Court - shared ownership properties, comprising of 9 flats with one, two and three-bedroom layouts.
- WCH Horizon Scheme – Over 40 studios, one and two-bed flat refurbishments at various locations around Westminster.
Additionally, in 2017 we completed Victoria Wharf, an aspirational new build development of 22 affordable homes located in the heart of London, designed for Westminster Community Homes Ltd by architects Child Graddon Lewis.
This project was shortlisted and won several awards including:
- Evening Standard New Homes 2018 - Winner
- Building Award 2018 - Winner
- Sunday Times British Homes Award 2018 - Finalist
- AJA Awards 2018 - Finalist
- Inside Housing Development Award 2018 - Finalist
- Housing Design Award 2018 - Finalist
We completed several social value initiatives on this project for the local community including hosting an assembly at the local Queens Park Primary School with our construction team and mascot Ivor Goodsite. We focused on key site hazards within construction with games and prizes for the pupils at the school.
We also raised funds via a buy a brick scheme to fund life changing surgery for Troy who was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, our combined efforts on the project managed to raise over £5,000 towards the cost of his surgery.
Victoria Wharf Phase II
Building on the success of Victoria Wharf phase one, we are delighted to have been appointed to the second phase of the project which looks to provide a further 20 affordable rented homes.
The new building will be a continuation of the Phase 1 scheme and will allow residents to live affordably within a landmark building in Westminster, the scheme also provides occupants with the opportunity to receive a contribution towards a deposit if they move onto home ownership following this tenancy.
WCH Chief Executive, Steve Moore “We are delighted to be able to work with Quinn (London) on this exciting new project and continue the strong relationship which has been forged over the past five years”.
We are looking forward to working with Westminster Community Homes and supporting the local community via social value initiatives.