Great Ormond Street Hospital Multi-Faith Room
CLIENT: Great Ormond Street Hospital
DATE: June 2018
This involved the temporary disconnection and adaptation of existing services, demolition of some of the ward partitions, replacement of the doors and a soft strip of existing sanitary ware and plumbing. Following this, new partitions, a new feature ceiling and new flooring were installed to create a prayer room, two ablution units, an office and a reflection room.
New mechanical and electrical installations were installed for the new layout.
- Very tight programme with various long lead in items.
- Late design changes and finishes upgrades
- Procurement of materials
- Working in a live hospital
- Liaison with multiple stakeholders
- Dealing with GOSH maintenance dept regarding permits to work
The client was able to open the prayer room early and in time for Eid Mubarak, an important religious celebration. The employees of GOSH were noticeably happy with the end product and thanked us personally. The client was also happy that we were able to complete the project within their budget.